Retreat to the wild in Cornwall
A 3 night yoga and wellness retreat set in 350 acres of ancient woodland on Bodmin
10 to 13 October 2024
Sophie Free and Ellie Denman are honoured to invite you to retreat to a magical place where you can breathe deeply, sleep soundly, move consciously and reset the balance of life, on the wild & ancient moors of Cornwall.
With morning and evening yoga practices, daily meditation, a woodland sauna, workshops, wild bathing, plant based whole foods and more, you will be supported and inspired by the variety of mindful practices and the epic surroundings, allowing you to tune out the chaos and immerse yourself in the power of connection.
This very special retreat venue brings together the beauty of rare and ancient nature, with a touch of quiet luxury.
We will have private and exclusive use of the 350 acre site in Bodmin, Cornwall.
The three studio spaces, two inside and one outside within the ancient woodland, come well equipped with mats, blocks, straps and blankets, plus futons for yoga nidra.
Bodmin moor is one of the UK’s first true Dark Sky Landscapes in an AONB, so the perfect place to fall asleep under the stars. Your accommodation is inspired by Cornish ‘Quoits’ – portals or spiritual chambers that date from the Neolithic period. The Koyt cabins are shared between two people and each one has super comfy twin beds, a log burner, and all the cosy home comforts you’ll need, like, toiletries, linens, towels and even hot water bottles!
The communal spaces are in the barn and designed to bring us together as a group.
There’s a large kitchen and huge communal dining table, created from a 125-year-old monkey puzzle tree that fell down on the nearby Lanhydrock Estate.
You will be sharing gorgeous, modern bathrooms with monsoon showers, underfloor heating, hairdryers and luxury Bramley products.
Daphne’s, the in-house bar, serves Pentire drinks and cocktails, which you can enjoy in the cosy sitting room, nature library or at the outdoor seating area around the fire-pit. There’s also a screening room with projector and, of course, high-speed WiFi for those who need to stay connected.
During your stay you’ll have the opportunity to explore the rare temperate rainforest for a spot of forest bathing, or maybe take a woodland sauna after a cold water plunge in the River Bedalder which runs through the site.
This is such a special place where you can lose yourself and find yourself … in fact you may never want to leave!
A collaboration between Sophie and Ellie brings not only a wealth of knowledge, but a great balance of styles.
Sophie teaches fluid and creative vinyasa flow classes.
Her style is playful, non dogmatic and ever evolving.
As Sophie’s teaching focus is often on using breath to propel the practice, her classes will definitely bring the heat to this autumn retreat!
Ellie teaches qigong, vinyasa flow and restorative yoga, drawing on the creativity, mindful and grounding aspects of these disciplines.
Her style is highly approachable and accessible to all fitness levels.
Ellie’s emphasis is on leaving you feeling calm, grounded and in touch with your body. Yin and yang in balance!
– 3 nights’ accommodation in a characterful Cornish Koyt, with log burner & firewood
– Lovingly made and nutritious plant based brunches and dinners
– Daily 90 minute morning practice
– Daily 90 minute evening practice
– Qigong, vinyasa, pranayama, yoga nidra, restorative yoga, meditation
– Wild bathing
– Woodland sauna
– Guided beaver enclosure walk
– Sound journey
– Next level star gazing around the fire pit
– Drinking water and hot teas
What's Not Included?
– Travel to and from the venue
– Drinks from the bar
– We would like to encourage car pooling, or if there is demand, we can organise a coach
Prices and Booking
– Early Bird Price £850pp
– £250 deposit to secure your booking and payment plan available upon request
Is this retreat right for me?
This retreat will suit you if you’re at the beginning of your yoga journey or a seasoned practitioner.
Ellie and Sophie are carefully combining their different teaching styles to meet everyone’s needs. Whether you like a strong heating practice or a more mellow nourishing flow – we have you covered. There will also be qigong, restorative practices, yoga nidra and meditation for those who are seeking deep rest and relaxation. And of course you’re very welcome to join everything, if you just love it all!
These two experienced teachers will offer variations and modifications, you will have a chance to ask questions throughout and find ways to mould the practices to suit you.
The retreat venue encourages a return to your individual centre through the connection with nature, and as retreat leaders, Ellie and Sophie will be fostering the human connection between the group. Whether you are traveling alone or with friends, you will be embraced by the warmth and magic that is conjured when like minded people gather together for betterment.
Terms and conditions - key points
– Your space on the retreat is confirmed when we receive payment of the deposit, and the balance will be due 8 weeks before it starts (contact us if you’d like to arrange a payment plan)
– We will do our very best to make sure you have a great retreat. If you have any kind of problem, let us know immediately so we can make every effort to resolve it
– If we have to cancel for any reason, you’ll get a full refund
– We can refund fees if you cancel more than 14 weeks before the retreat (an administration fee of £50 will apply). After that point, a refund may possibly be available if we can offer your place to someone on the waiting list. Transfers may also be possible – check with us. We strongly recommend travel insurance to cover illness and emergencies
– For the full legalese, please see this link